If you’ve been following me, you know how much of a snacker I am. Whether it’s a bag (or bags) of chips, pink starburst, or a bar of dark chocolate, I’m constantly snacking. Since I’m trying to live a healthier lifestyle and ditch the bag of potato chips, I decided to come up with a healthy coconut chocolate ball recipe. So, I first tried a similar version of these at my local health store but they had coconut sugar, agave, and honey in their recipe. Also, the consistency is quite different from theirs and after many failed attempts, I finally came up with something that works for me and is healthy!
What You’ll Need:
1 Cup Cacao Powder
1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
10-15 Medjool Dates (depending on how sweet you want them to be)
Dash of Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
Thick Coconut Shred
Fine Coconut Shred
Food Processor (Optional)
1. In a bowl, add a 1 cup of cacao powder.
2. Mix 1/2 of a cup of coconut oil with the cocoa powder (the mixture should be thick but if the mixture becomes too watery add some more cacao powder).
3. Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon into the mixture and mix. Put the mixture to the side.
4. Pit 15 Medjool dates. Then add the dates into your food processor. Mix the dates until they are thick and sticky in consistency.
5. Add the dates into your cacao mixture until it becomes a thick consistency (if the mixture is watery, add more dates).
6. Add thick coconut shred to the mixture until the shreds are fully covered in chocolate and the mixture is firm (it should be hard to mix!).
7. Roll the mixture into round balls (like cookie dough) and place them apart on a plate.
8. Sprinkle fine coconut shred on top of the balls.
9. Place the balls in the freezer for half an hour.
Tag me if you make these and tell me what you think of them! Also, don’t forget to check out some of my other recipes below!
1. Sweet Potatoes
2. Raw Bar Recipe
3. Popcorn Broccoli
4. Pumpkin Pancake Recipe
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.