Want to surprise a special someone or your friends this Valentine’s Day? How about making them a delicious, chocolatey and fully vegan cake, topped with homemade vegan Ferrero Rocher-style balls? We invited Instagram chef Bettina’s Kitchen to create an exclusive recipe for you to try yourself…
14 dates (pre-soaked)
1 tsp of baking powder
1 cup (120 grams) of buckwheat flour 1/2 cup (60 grams) of almond flour
4-5 tbsp of cacao powder
1/2 cup (120 grams) of agave syrup
1 Vanilla pod
Pinch of salt
Faux Ferrero Rocher balls:
1/2 cup (150 grams) roasted hazelnuts
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Chopped hazelnuts (to garnish)
2 cups of coconut oil
1/3 of a cup agave syrup
6 tbs of cacao (100%)
1 tsp of vanilla pod
Bee pollen (for non vegans) or chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat your oven on 180°C.
2. Soak your dates in water and boil your squash simultaneously. Keep the water used for the boiling on hand for later after boiling.
3. Once the pumpkin is boiled, process it to puree in a blender.
4. Add the soaked dates and rest of the base ingredients to the blender and mix together. If you have trouble blending the mixture just add some of the soaking liquid to get a thick but smooth cake batter.
5. Grease your cake tin with some coconut oil.
6. Spread batter evenly in the tin and stick it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. The outer shell should be hardened, but the inside still soft and moist.
7. Set the cake aside to cool down.
8. Blend the hazelnuts (keep aside 18 hazelnuts for the centers) and blend until chopped into fine pieces.
9. Add cacao, vanilla powder and salt to the hazelnuts and blend again.
10. Add maple syrup and blend until the ingredients start sticking together.
11. Roll mixture into small bite-sized balls, insert one hazelnut to the centre, and cover in chopped hazelnuts.
12. Place the balls on a baking tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
13. Once the balls are frozen, start preparing your chocolate coating by gently melting the coconut oil and agave syrup in a pan. Once the oil has completely dissolved add in cacao powder and stir.
14. Take the balls out of the freezer and cover them in the chocolate coating. Sprinkle some bee pollen or hazelnuts for decoration, place them on a baking tray and in the freezer or fridge to set.
15. Once the cake has fully cooled down, take it out of the tin. Place it on the plate it will be served on.
16. Generously cover with the remaining chocolate mixture and place the chilled Ferrero Rocher balls on the top.
17. Let the cake set in the fridge until chocolate has hardened and take out just before serving.
Discover more recipes on Bettina’s Instagram account…
Compare Womens FashionWelcome to our listings for Women's Clothing. We aim to provide a comprehensive shopping resource for our users, bringing together all the information you need to buy the product that's right for you at the best possible price. We list offers from top merchants like eBay, Amazon, John Lewis
- Compare Womens Clothing
- Womens Sportswear
- Maternity Clothes
- Womens Swimwear
- Underwear and Lingerie
- Womens Clothing Accessories
- Womens Shoes